Friday, June 13, 2008

Reading Update

In January 2008 I graduated from the Vermont College MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults program, and took a bit of a reading vacation. I had a lot of writing commitments and deadlines, but more to the point, I needed a break. Since that time I've read the following books:

Dark Tide: The Great Boston Molasses Flood of 1919, by Stephen Puleo. Adult nonfiction, recommended.
The Boston Italians, by Stephen Puleo. Adult nonfiction, recommended.
Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody book One), by Elizabeth Peters. Adult mystery/adventure. Good fun. Recommended.
The Golem's Eye (Book 2 of the Bartimaeus Trilogy) by Jonathan Stroud. YA fantasy / humor. Strongly recommended.

Summer's here, it's reading time. More posts and titles soon to follow!

2 comments:

Chaotic Joy said...

Hey Julie! I just wanted to let you know I linked one of your old columns in my posttoday. Hope that's OK. I heard through the grapevine you have a book coming out. Can't wait to read it.

said...

Strongly recommended:
"My Life As A Small Boy"
by Wally Cox